Translate

Saturday 9 January 2010

DJ Nikoless - K Funk Presents: Hiss-Story Volume 1


DJ Nikoless wrote:

Ah it feels good to finally get a new mix out. I’ve been a bit uninspired in the last couple years but recently had the spark reignited to create. A few months ago I was approached from a fellow post-er, K Funk, on Philaflava.com and asked if I would do a mix for a special radio/tv program in his home of Romania. I was flattered and intrigued…

I then set up procrastinating recording it until the last minute because I couldn’t decide what the “concept” should be and I am apparently incapable of doing a project without some sort of elaborate concept…ha. Around the same time, I was dedicating endless nights digging thru shoeboxes and transferring old demos, freestyles, radio shows and whatever else from tapes to MP3s. Then it hit me, most of these songs have never been on a mixtape and then I had a concept; a mix of all low quality, bad tape dubbed songs…ha. WIth the exception of 3 songs, everything came from a tape and those 3 are fairly rare in their own right. Actual a few of the songs I don’t even have real copies of, I had to jack them from recordings of my old Time Travel radio show and doctor the intro and outros to make them work.

For those of you just waking up, the title “Hiss-Story” is a reference to that wonderful tape hiss sound you hear…the worse the dub the “better” the hiss…this mix, is THAT story.

Oh yeah, it also finishes out with some personal demos of mine in the early 90s. Including one song I arranged (S.P.O), one I produced (Brain Leakage), and my own group, Savage Intellect [Written, Produced, Mix, Rapped by me].




DJ Nikoless - Hiss-Story Vol.1 (K-Funk Presents...)
01.Intro-Hiss Is For You  
02.Madlib-My Style Is Different... ‘95  
03.The Distortionists-Retaliation ‘96
04.Kemest-One For Dah Mental ‘95  
05.Stedy Serv-Lyrical Graffiti ‘99  
06.Interlude:(All Natural-50 Years) ‘96 
07.Definite Vacation 4 Suckas-Perfection ‘97  
08.Dirte & Ope-Ski (T.S.P)-I’m Only 19 ‘99  9.PRZM & Illogic- Poisonous (How We Do) ??  
10.Headshots-Look Into Our Wilderness ‘97  
11.Kool Keith-You Know The Game ‘95
12.The LO’s ft. Erick Sermon-New Haven Connect ‘95  
13.Raw Elements-Blauw! ‘97  
14.Of Mexican Descent-242 ‘94
15.K Borne-The Qwest [JEL Remix] ‘97  
16.Funkytown Pros-Fake Ass Hip Hoppas ‘95  
17.Brain Leakage-Brain Leakage ‘92  
18.S.P.O-Puttin’ Heads To Bed ‘92  
19.Savage Intellect- Technique Of Fury ‘90  
20.Interlude: Incredible Bongo Band-Apache ‘73  
21.Masai Bey-The Untitled ‘93  
22.Interlude: (Jurassic 5-Jurass Finish First Outro) ‘00  
23.Interlude: HISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!! 
24.Interlude: (Giant Panda-Diggin In The Tapes) ‘05  
25.Bonus Cut: Paten Locke - Auto Reverse ‘09   



No comments:

Post a Comment