Translate

Sunday 17 January 2021

DJ DS - Goes Back to School (4th Year: 1989) (320kbs)

 

It's been a while due to a broken needle but, as put by MC Lyte, this time I'm doing my thing with an '89 swing!  That's right, it's time to go ‘Back to School’ and to my 4th year, 1989!
 
As ever, narrowing this down was so tricky & this is the longest track list yet. With more time to plan it (due to the turntable trouble) there are more samples and I've hired my youngest daughter as my art director!!
 
By now, you know what to expect, plenty of doubles, blends and all that good stuff. I also love trying to link the tracks in other ways, through some word play, etc.
 
Thanks to everyone that recorded a drop for me, including both of my daughters, DJ Jimmy Green, DJ Repo & the legendary Percee P! Thanks guys!
 
RIP MF DOOM & Stezo who both feature on the mix.
 
Hope you enjoy!
 
On a way more important note:
 
Please see below how you can support Hip Hop legend Del SoulCondor who's currently battling cancer.
 
GoFundMe: https://t.co/ieN3Onjx01?amp=1
Save the Wax: https://rb.gy/wfddlp


Tracklisting
DJ DS – Intro
Boogie Down Productions – Gimme, Dat, (Woy)
Ice T - You Played Yourself
Big Daddy Kane – Smooth Operator
Skull Snaps – It’s a New Day
Nice & Smooth - Funky for You
Special Ed - I Got It Made (Businnesslike Version)
Special Ed - I Got It Made
Chill Rob G - Court Is Now In Session
Steady B - Ego Trippin'
De La Soul Feat. Jungle Brothers, Monie Love, Q-Tip & Queen Latifah - Buddy (Native Tongue Decision)
De La Soul Feat, Jungle Brothers  & Q-Tip - Buddy (LP Version)
Kwamé – The Rhythm
Special Ed – I'm The Magnificent (The Magnificent Remix)
Special Ed - I’m The Magnificent
Big Daddy Kane – Young, Gifted and Black
Public Enemy – Fight the Power
James Brown – Funky Drummer
Bobby Byrd – I Know You Got Soul
EPMD – The Big Payback
Boogie Down Productions - Jack of Spades
Skull Snaps – It’s a New Day
Stezo – It’s My Turn
James Brown – Can I Get Some Help?
Ultramagnetic MCs - A Chorus Line
The Stop the Violence Movement - Self-Destruction
3rd Base – The Gas Face
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo – Truly Yours
Main Source – Atom
Stezo – To The Max
3rd Bass – Wordz of Wisdom
Gang Starr - Manifest (Remix)
King Sun – Fat Tape
Billy Joel - Stiletto
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Road to The Riches
Ace & Action ‎– Letter To The Better
Hijack - The Badman Is Robbin' (Vocal Version)
Big Daddy Kane – Warm it up, Kane
Jungle Brothers Feat. De La Soul, Monie Love, A Tribe Called Quest & Queen Latifah ‎– Doin' Our Own Dang
Baby Huey & the Babysitters – Hard Times
Chill Rob G - Ride the Rhythm
Low Profile - That's Y They Do It
MC Lyte – Cha Cha Cha
Positive K - A Good Combination
LL Cool J – Big Ole Butt
Craig G - 1st Day of School
Skull Snaps – It’s a New Day
Stezo – It’s My Turn
Lord Finesse & DJ Mike Smooth – Track the Movement
The D.O.C. – The Formula
Queen Latifah – Wrath of My Madness
London Posse – Money Mad (Remix)
Digital Underground – Doowutchyalike
EPMD - So Wat Cha Sayin'
Roy Ayers - Running Away
A Tribe Called Quest - Description of a Fool (Talkie)
The D.O.C. Feat. N.W.A. - The Grand Finale
DJ DS – Outro



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting another of my mixes Jamo. Appreciate the support brother. You can find this and much more here: https://www.mixcloud.com/Daveds75/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Im from Guatemala, and I love this site. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete